UAE says Iran launched two missiles at it
CAIRO, Aug 18 (Reuters) - The UAE's defense ministry said on Tuesday that it detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran against the Gulf country.
It said one fell inside territorial waters, while another fell outside, and stressed the UAE's readiness to deal with any threats.
There was no immediate comment from Iran.
Earlier on Tuesday, the UAE's interior ministry sent a phone alert stating that the situation was safe and people should resume normal activities after an earlier alert warning of a missile threat.
(Reporting by Menna Alaa El-Din and Ahmed Tolba; Editing by Alex Richardson, Alexandra Hudson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthropic's pre-IPO credit facility set to exceed $10 billion, Bloomberg News reports
- UN says Monday education centre explosion in Kabul injured at least 42 children
- Adviser to Bolivia's Paz, Argentina's Milei detained over attack on analyst
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share