Death toll of Venezuela earthquakes rises to 2,645
A helicopter flies above the site of a collapsed building, in the aftermath of the June 24 earthquakes in Caraballeda, La Guaira, Venezuela, July 3, 2026. REUTERS/Leonardo Fernandez Viloria
CARACAS, July 3 (Reuters) - The death toll in Venezuela's twin earthquakes last week has risen to 2,645, the nation's information ministry said on Friday.
More than 12,000 were wounded and some 15,000 left homeless by the disaster, the ministry said.
(Reporting by Deisy Buitrago;)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hungary Paks nuclear plant could operate at full capacity by Wednesday, PM Magyar says
- Germany's Merz to press cabinet for faster pro-growth reforms
- Mexican governor, indicted by US on cartel charges, requests leave again amid backlash
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share