Arrival to delay spending on bus project after posting wider loss
(Reuters) - British electric vehicle start-up Arrival SA reported a wider quarterly loss on Thursday and said it would delay spending on its bus project as it looks to secure more capital, sending its U.S-listed shares down 13%.
The news comes after the company laid out a plan last month to cut jobs and reorganize itself around making vans in the face of a challenging economic environment.
Electric vehicle startups that promised to disrupt the automotive industry are now scrambling to keep a lid on costs amid supply chain issues and rising raw material prices.
London-based Arrival, which expects to start producing its vans in the third quarter and deliver them by the year-end, had received the EU's approval to operate its electric buses on public roads.
Top boss Denis Sverdlov, however, said the company would defer spending on bus-producing "microfactories" and customer trials until it secures additional capital.
The company's net loss in the second quarter widened to $89.6 million from $56.2 million a year earlier.
Arrival shares were trading at $1.61 in morning session.
(Reporting by Eva Mathews in Bengaluru; Editing by Anil D'Silva)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple reportedly cuts jobs in Siri and Vision Pro teams amid AI shift
- Norway to give over $9 billion to Ukraine in 2027
- Russian online retailer Ozon warehouse in Orenburg region hit in drone attack, governor says
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
ReutersRelated Entities
LayoffsSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share