OPEC+ panel gets no Russian agreement for deeper oil cuts: sources
FILE PHOTO: The logo of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) on a flag at the oil producer group's headquarters in Vienna, Austria, December 7, 2018. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger/File Photo
VIENNA (Reuters) - A panel of several ministers from OPEC, Russia and other producers failed on Wednesday to clinch an agreement about whether to make additional oil output cuts to prop up tumbling crude prices, an OPEC source said.
The source said Russia, which has been resisting additional cuts that are backed by Saudi Arabia and others, proposed keeping existing cuts by the group known as OPEC+ until the end of the second quarter, while some OPEC producers wanted extra cuts of 1 million to 1.5 million barrels per day (bpd).
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak, who had held talks with his Saudi counterpart earlier on Wednesday, left the meeting of the oil panel, known as the Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee, after more than three hours of talks.
(Reporting by Rania El Gamal; Editing by Edmund Blair)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kushner: conversations between U.S. and different areas of Iran govt are more robust than it has every been
- Iran to escalate tensions in region if diplomacy with U.S. fails - Reuters
- Oil settles up over $2 as Iran war stalemate stokes supply concerns
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
Commodities, ETFs, General News, ReutersRelated Entities
Crude Oil, OPECSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share